The AetherSX2 emulator runs on Android devices and emulates the PS Two console. Your portable device can play games that you have dumped from discs.
Playing games requires a BIOS image, which is not optional. It should be dumped using a homebrew application from your console.
To achieve good performance, you need a high-end device. A Snapdragon 845-equivalent device is recommended. Four large cores (Cortex-A75 level, 500 or more single cores on Geekbench 5). You should not enable multi-threaded VU if you have only two big cores (e.g. Snapdragon 700 series SoCs), as performance will suffer.
Apps will run on devices with Mali or PowerVR GPUs, but performance will be much lower than on devices with Adreno GPUs.
Features of Aether SX2 APK
- Simulation of a system
- Rendering with OpenGL, Vulkan, and software
- 1080p and beyond upscaling of games
- Patches for games without native widescreen support
- The ability to save states
- A touchscreen and a Bluetooth controller are supported
- You can load games from ISO, CHD, and CSO images
- As determined by the game settings
You should only use AetherSX2 to play games you own and have dumped from discs yourself. If you want to dump your games, you can create an ISO image using a tool like ImgBurn and then copy it over via USB to your device.